So, I made the plunge.
I cut up old stained/worn out towels (unfortunate decision in the aesthetic department), and we were off! At the moment, 4x4 squares work great, and I am thinking of venturing into the linen closet to see what old flannel things I have in there to cut up as well.
Now, i think jared could have possibly been swayed had a chose a different fabric as starters, because the moment he saw the stained squares, he verbally reaffirmed that this was a disgusting lifestyle journey he would not be along for.
Although, he also shed a tear over losing his beloved napkins and look at him now. Proudly explaining to guests how we have converted to cloth.
Time will tell.
Im actually thinking of heading to the craft store for dyes to dye the cloths in vibrant appealing shades....i wonder what color triggers the "i need to wipe my butt with this cloth" center of the brain.
hmmmmm
2 comments:
I'm enjoying checking out your blog.
I must say since I first heard about family cloth from MDC I've been intrigued.
How do you handle the used cloths? How do you wash them--like CD?
Thanks!
Laura
well- Im kinda learning as I go :)
I had a little wastebasket that fits just to the left of the toilet and I toss the cloths in there. When it fills- i do a small load in the same manner i do my CD. cold rinse, hot wash(but i add a tiny amount of detergent to the baking soda, cold rinse vinegar, cold rinse.
I have a high efficiency front loader, so i barely need any detergent.
Post a Comment