Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

We decided to do some exploring downtown... We parked by the ferry terminal, knowing we would end the day with a ferry ride.

It was hot in the city! We wore tshirts and sunscreen and loved every second of the warmth.... But I have to admit- the sun got a little too intense at some points...

First stop- City Lights....
I think it fair to say that this was a very special, highly anticipated moment in both mine and jareds lives.




The poetry room...
I felt like we were in church. I was nervous to let the kids play- or rock in the chair.



Liv and I sat and stared out this window... She was counting laundry items and birds...I was trying to picture it all those years ago...imagine the scenes that window has seen.








The childrens section was in the basement... I think our home collection is larger.... But not richer- there selection was fantastic! Very hard to find titles, special editions, etc etc... Spent quite a bit of time down there. They strategically placed the feminist literature in the same small area. :)


This is the door...




















This is the only picture I took in Chinatown- it was insane with busloads of tourists.... We kept stopping in doorways to stay out of their way.... Thought it appropriate to snap a pic!


The pyramid...


Ira held the baby and walked almost the whole 3+miles....


Ferry terminal...
Mariposa- home of delicious and magical gluten free foods.
We need to get the frozen pizza next time...


Boccalone for Jared....


Ira saved a worm from it's death...


Ferry to Sausalito....





Sausalito...


The return trip was CROWDED- we had front row seats and it was beautiful...


Embarcadero center-








Liv painted the night away while we made dinner...


During our before bedtime walk liv fell asleep holding her net... She would. Not. Let. Go.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: