Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday

We made gluten free banana bread. Let me tell you- you WOULD NOT know it was gluten free!



For two large loaves it's
7 bananas
2.5c. Sorghum flour
1c. Millet

1/2c rice flour
1 tsp xantham gun
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
3/4 c. Butter
1/4 c. Coconut oil
Then 1-2 c sweetner... I used 1c. turbinado but it's borderline too sweet.
Maybe honey would be better. Or none at all depending on how sweet bananas are
Sift dry ingredients together and set aside. Beat wet ingredients and then add dry to that. I thinned it with about 1/2 c milk.
Baked at 350 for half hour then it was getting too brown around the edges so I turned it to 315 for 40 ish minutes.



I made up the flour proportions as I made it. I think any mix of flours in this would be fine. Except I really think this sorghum/millet/rice/xantha
m mimics all purpose flour really well.

ALSO
it is incredible the next day! incredible!

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: