Ira woke up earlier than usual.... so I asked,"How are you feeling?" her response, ""GREAT!"
So then I said, "You mean the chicken pox aren't hurting you?!?" Well, that was a better question I suppose... because she said, "oh, like they are burning, and itchy and hurt really really bad."
and that sums up her personality better than any other sentence Ive ever heard. She responds to the world so fresh, so ready. She loves life and just LIVES to experience things... its almost as if it didnt occur to her to not feel great even though she is in pain. Like the pain is part of the chicken pox, but other than the chicken pox, she is GREAT!
I love her.
I found it really sad, when she accidently scratched a pox and looked at me sobbing... she said, "why is this happening??? why does it HURT so bad?"
I guess after 28 years of life, you kind of forget the first run in with PAIN. This is her first real hurt. Bumps and bruises were not common for her.
So to off set the itching, we put her hands to work- cutting and gluing.
There was stock making....soon to become soup.
Making tea for dabbing on the pox...
Netttles, Rose Hips, Chamomile, Comfrey.
Simmering oat meal bath...
full stock pot with
2cups oats
nettles
comfrey
chamomile
resulting pulp- put into a cheesecloth for use in bath.
bottled up topical solution (left) and bath concentrate (right)
I actually made about 8 bottles of bath solution and canned them. One jar per bath worked well for us. I used two once and she was pretty grossed out by the thickness.
No comments:
Post a Comment