Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I cut my thumb!

with an open can of beans..... not joking.

it hurt, but i thought it was a surface cut.... went to wash it- 

Oh my goodness... it was deep!

I will share with you the conversation i had with myself- 

"thats deep. ommagodommagodommagod..... jen you are a registered nurse, you have pulled balloon pumps out of femoral arteries, you can handle a bleeding cut. calm. down."

it gushes blood

"ommagodommagodommagod..... its deep its deep its  deep. Jen. calm. pressure. butterfly stitches. ommagodommagodommagod...... elevate. ommagodommagodommagod..... im fine...
alright, this is fine. this is okay."

I cut some butterfly stitch tape out of a few band aids and i dressed it up.... kept it elevate as it throbbed....


But this is the deepest cut i have had since i had the tip of my pointer finger cut off in a door.

T'was scary. T'was scary.